Nairobi CSS is a framework for building responsive, mobile-friendly, multilingual literacy websites.
- Responsive: Mobile-first design looks great on any screen size or device.
- Lightweight: Designed from the ground up to be fast and light on resources for use in locations without high-speed Internet.
- Portable: The whole site can be downloaded and hosted locally, or made available on a local network for situations where no Internet is available.
- Configurable: Most aspects of the site can be changed from a single configuration file.
- Multimedia: Images and audio integrated on every page for a rich reading experience.
- Easy to use: Large, friendly buttons and clear, discoverable features for users of any age and skill level.
- Interactive features: Auto-highlighting, quick language switcher, and other features available out of the box.
- Navigation options: Group and sort stories by language or reading level. Quickly skip through pages and between linked stories.
Icons provided by FontAwesome (via Fontello) and Elegant Circles.
Site design based on Nairobi CSS and Spectre.
Source code available on GitHub.